- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2.75 GPA
- Three years of post-baccalaureate work experience
- Meet at least 75% of endorsement coursework requirements in at least one area
Prepare and Apply
- The application deadline is May 1.
- Plan ahead – allow at least 6 weeks to complete and submit all required materials
- All documents must be received and application submitted by the deadline
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Admission is selective. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee selection for the program.
In granting admission to the Regents Alternative Pathway to Iowa Licensure (RAPIL), consideration is given to the scholarship, character, disposition, and leadership potential of the applicant. Admission to RAPIL is denied to anyone who has made an unsuccessful attempt in previous teacher licensure programs.