- Baccalaureate degree or higher
- 2.75 GPA
- Three years of post-baccalaureate work experience
- Meet cut scores for PRAXIS Core in reading, writing, and math
- Meet at least 75% of secondary endorsement requirements in at least one area
Prepare and Apply
- The application deadline for ALL materials except the PRAXIS Core official score report is still May 1, 2020. This includes: transcripts, three letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and a resume to be uploaded before the deadline. We will determine a new PRAXIS Core score deadline for both initial and subtest retakes once ETS resumes testing.
- Plan ahead – allow at least 6 weeks to complete and submit all required materials
- All documents and official scores must be received by the deadline
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Admission is selective. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
In granting admission to the Regent Alternative Pathway to Iowa Licensure (RAPIL), consideration is given to the scholarship, character, disposition, and leadership potential of the applicant. Admission to RAPIL is denied to anyone who has made unsuccessful attempt in previous teacher licensure programs.