Year 1 – 22 credit hours
- 1. EDTL 3059 – Introduction to Education – Fall Semester (August-October) *Includes 15 In Classroom Observation Hours
- EDTL 3060 – Learning and Instruction for Today’s Classrooms – Fall Semester (October-December)
- 3. EDTL 3067 - Clinical Field Experience 1 - Fall Semester (October-December) *30 In Classroom Hours
- EDTL 3061 – Assessment for Learning – Spring Semester (January-March)
- 5. EDTL 3068 - Clinical Field Experience 2 - Spring Semester (January-March) *30 In Classroom Hours
- EDTL 3065 – Methods of Teaching in the Secondary Classroom – Spring Semester (March-May)
- EDTL 3063 – Creating Classrooms Conducive to Teaching and Learning – Summer Session (Mid May-Early July)
- EDTL 3062 – Learning Communities– Summer Session (Mid May-Early July)
RAPIL classes meet one night a week via Zoom from 6:00-8:30pm, and one Saturday per month from 9:00am-4:00pm. Saturday classes are face-to-face and rotate between all three Regent campuses in Iowa City, Cedar Falls, or Ames.
Year 2 – 6 credit hours
- EDTL 3064 – Intern Seminar on Critical Issues in Education – Fall Semester (August-December)
- EDTL 3064 – Intern Seminar on Critical Issues in Education – Spring Semester (January-April)
Year 2 coursework is also delivered in a hybrid format with evening classes via Zoom and a few face-to-face classes on Saturdays.