Iowa BoEE - Teacher Intern License
- One year, non-renewable
- Full teaching instruction within grade levels and endorsement listed on the license
- not eligible for conditional licensure
RAPIL Candidates are eligible for recommendation for a Teacher Intern License:
- Following successful completion of initial RAPIL coursework
- With documentation for the completion of 50 hours of Field Experience that include favorable recommendations from both the RAPIL Evaluator and the Cooperating Teachers
- All documentation for the completion of at least one endorsement has be received and verified by RAPIL
- After the Candidate has been offered an IAC 279 contract that meets the Internship conditions
Iowa BoEE - Initial Teaching License
- The RAPIL Internship is applied as the first year of the Initial License.
- RAPIL interns recommended for Initial Licensure will be considered second year teachers and eligible for recommendation for the Standard Teaching License following a second successful year of instruction.
RAPIL Interns are eligible for recommendation for an Initial Teaching License:
- Following one year of successful instruction documented with favorable evaluations from the building Principal and the RAPIL Evaluator
- Completion of all RAPIL coursework - meeting or exceeding the program grade policy
- Documented completion of Dyslexia Training.